MBHE African Power’s team of experienced professionals offers the capability to manage and integrate the different facets of project development from concept to implementation.
We have a strong technical backbone, and are able to integrate the financial aspects with technology, environmental legislation and regulatory requirements to secure funding for a renewable energy project.
Depending on the client’s requirements, MBHE is willing to assist in reaching Financial Close as we have the experience in the local renewable energy programmes through participation in biomass, wind and solar photovoltaic projects.
- Fatal flaw analysis to determine existing gaps in the development phase of a project
- Technology evaluations
- Financial modelling and development of base case financial models including consideration of all key parameters and functionality accepted by recognised financial institutions
- Techno-economic feasibility studies
- Technical assistance such as fuel sampling and analysis, mass and energy balances using state of the art simulation software, front end engineering and drawing up technical specifications for request for proposals and tenders
- Evaluation of environmental legislation, studies and permitting
- Local resources and infrastructure
- Socio Economic Development
- Risk management
In 2014, MBHE African Power successfully submitted a bid and raised finance for a 5 MW base load biomass fired power station in George.
It was at a total project cost of R300 million under the SPIPPPP (Small Projects Independent Power Producer’s Procurement Programme), which has been awarded preferred bidder status by the Department of Energy.
MBHE has also raised R32 million of development grant funding from the USTDA (United States Trade Development Agency) and the IIPSA (Infrastructure Investment Programme for South Africa).
This was facilitated by the Development Bank of Southern Africa, for the Drakenstein waste-to-energy project located in the Western Cape.