MBHE African Power specializes in the management and integration of various aspects of project development, from conception to implementation.
The range of this begins with fatal flaw analysis to pinpoint existing gaps in the development phase of the project and depending on the client’s requirements can also include assistance in reaching Financial Close. This is all supported by our years of participation in biomass, wind, and solar photovoltaic projects all around Southern Africa.
Our project management is extensive and thorough with the ability to manage and integrate the different aspects of project development from conception to implementation. Alongside the technical integration we also assist with the assimilation of various financial aspects with environmental legislation and regulatory requirements to ensure funding.
- MBHE African Power is also the industry leader in the design, supply, installation and operation Solar Photovoltaic technologies and systems.
- We have an extensive, proven record in the installation of solar panels for both large and small businesses.
- Examples of this are the 1.3 MW solar installation for the Mall of the North in Polokwane, Limpopo, the 10MW installation for Grupo Cobra in DeWildt and the installation of SolarEdge PV at the world-famous Soweto landmark, Sakhumzi restaurant, enabling the restaurant to go green!
MBHE African Power’s team of experienced professionals offers the capability to manage and integrate the different facets of project development from concept to implementation.
We have a strong technical backbone, and are able to integrate the financial aspects with technology, environmental legislation and regulatory requirements to secure funding for a renewable energy project.
Depending on the client’s requirements, MBHE is willing to assist in reaching Financial Close as we have the experience in the local renewable energy programmes through participation in biomass, wind and solar photovoltaic projects.
- Fatal flaw analysis to determine existing gaps in the development phase of a project
- Technology evaluations
- Financial modelling and development of base case financial models including consideration of all key parameters and functionality accepted by recognised financial institutions
- Techno-economic feasibility studies
- Technical assistance such as fuel sampling and analysis, mass and energy balances using state of the art simulation software, front end engineering and drawing up technical specifications for request for proposals and tenders
- Evaluation of environmental legislation, studies and permitting
- Local resources and infrastructure
- Socio Economic Development
- Risk management
In 2014, MBHE African Power successfully submitted a bid and raised finance for a 5 MW base load biomass fired power station in George.
It was at a total project cost of R300 million under the SPIPPPP (Small Projects Independent Power Producer’s Procurement Programme), which has been awarded preferred bidder status by the Department of Energy.
MBHE has also raised R32 million of development grant funding from the USTDA (United States Trade Development Agency) and the IIPSA (Infrastructure Investment Programme for South Africa).
This was facilitated by the Development Bank of Southern Africa, for the Drakenstein waste-to-energy project located in the Western Cape.